We Invite Your Participation at our upcoming Annual General Membership meeting February 23rd from 5:30-6:15 pm. This year due to the ongoing pandemic, we will be meeting virtually via Zoom
Annual General Membership Meeting Agenda
Welcome: purpose of the meeting, overview
Review: of the director nominations and motions to be voted on. Call for other motions. Describe the voting process via Google Form.
Info: Budget Summary
Programs: Updates highlighting past, present and future projects and programs
Option: Goodbye and thanks or stay and chat with small groups in breakout rooms.
2022 Board of Directors Candidates
Michelle Binker works as the Josephine County Local Public Safety Coordinating Council (LPSCC) Coordinator and previously served as a Legislative Assistant in the State of OR. With experience on local boards such as the IV Fire District, IV Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club of the Illinois Valley, Binker brings many connections and local knowledge. Notable skills include experience in media and marketing and leadership training.
Kate Dwyer is the Executive Director of the Four Way Foundation and previously served as IVCanDO’s Community Development Coordinator. With experience on local boards such at Three Rivers School District, IVCanDO’s Revolving Loan Fund and the Takilma Community Association, Dwyer brings an abundance of nonprofit experience and connections. Notable skills include training in fundraising and program evaluation.
Gail Stone is an addiction professional at OnTrack Rogue Valley and previously worked for Options of Southern Oregon. With experience on the Illinois Valley Family Coalition Board and as a member of the Southern Oregon Guild and the Illinois River Valley Arts Council, Stone brings local connections and experience working with our community. Notable skills include computer graphic design, and listening and leadership skills.
2022 Official Motion
In addition to voting for this year’s Board of Directors, the IVCanDO Board is proposing an update of our Bylaws.
The IVCanDO Board of Directors proposes to discontinue operating as a membership organization for several reasons:
- Membership has dwindled from several hundred to less than two dozen.
- The rights of IVCanDO members are identical to those of any Illinois Valley resident to attend our Board meetings, offer ideas as to how best to operate or to volunteer in programs.
- Regular board meetings are open to the public. Email email@example.com to attend virtual board meetings.
- Voters for new and continuing board members have historically approved every candidate.
- The staff of IVCanDO will prioritize efforts to inform the public of our activities and programs through current media efforts, our website, facebook page, newspaper articles and KXCJ announcements.
If the motion to end General Memberships is approved, the Board of Directors will be responsible to appoint new board members as vacancies or term limits arise.
Click here to see a DRAFT of the Bylaws if this motion passes