A History of Success
As the old saying goes: You don’t plan to fail, but you may fail to plan.
The 2010 Illinois Valley Community Response Team wrote the Illinois Valley’s very first strategic plan nearly 20 years ago with the most recent revision dating back to 2002. It is little short of amazing to see how many of those goals - all those projects so many thought could never happen - have in fact been completed.
Some of these projects include:
• Setting up the first computer labs at Illinois Valley High School
• Funding and construction of the Family Coalition Building in Cave Junction
• Planning and construction of the Siskiyou Community Health Center in Cave Junction
• Construction of the new Lorna Byrne Middle School
• Operation of the Historic Chateau lodge, dining facilities and gift gallery at Oregon Caves National Monument
• Funding and formation of the Kerby Water District.
Planning for the future continues with regular updates to this Strategic Plan.
It has been more than 20 years since we received our original federal Enterprise Community designation. Today, the Illinois Valley is the only one of the original 36 Enterprise Communities that continues to provide leadership and services to its residents. Planning has been key to reaching our community’s goals.
Illinois Valley Community Development Organization / 201 Caves Highway, Cave Junction, Oregon / 541-592-4440 / fax 541-592-4075